Zip gives you the freedom to own it today. No fuss, no wait, no worries
Own it now with nothing to pay | Pay back over time, interest free | Use your account online or in-store
What is Zip?
Zip creates simple, fair and transparent credit and payment solutions that improve lives every day. They allow people to own the things they need, and pay later, interest-free.
- Zip was founded in 2013 in Sydney with a mission to disrupt the unfriendly credit card market by providing consumers with a better, fairer, digital alternative.
- Zip has almost 1.4 million customers across Australia and New Zealand.
- They have done more than $1.6 billion in transactions since we started
- The have more than 18,000 retail partners (from as large as Amazon, Bunnings, Target, Fantastic Furniture, to as small as Better Music, Yeti, Porte-à-Vie), who partnered with us and are offering Zip at checkout and many more.
- Zip Co Limited (ASX: Z1P) is listed on the ASX, with over $1 billion market cap.
- They are independent, but we are backed by 2 of Australia’s largest banks: Westpac and NAB.
- They have an app, which is ranking in the top 10 finance & shopping apps in Australia
- They won a ton of awards in the fin-tech space.
How does it all work? (Zip Money)
1. Interest-free period
Your interest-free period refers to the length of time for which your purchase will not incur interest. After this period, your outstanding balance will accumulate interest at the standard annual rate (outlined in your contract).
2. Application Process
Their online application process takes less than 3 minutes. You simply choose the appropriate here., input your residential, employment and financial information, and verify your mobile through an SMS code. You need to have your own email address and mobile phone number in order to complete an application. After submitting your application, generally, you will get an instant outcome. Only if our accounts team needs more information from you the decision could take a bit longer. If your application is declined, it’s most likely to do with reasons that can be found
3. Registering your account
If approved, we will send an activation link to your email address. The activation step will detail your contract and requires you to provide your payment details for your regular direct debit payment.
4. Fees and Charges
- There is a one-off establishment fee to pay when you activate the account (between $0-$299, depending on your credit limit).
- There is a monthly service fee of $6.00 when there is an outstanding balance on your account.
- A late fee of $15.00 may be charged if you do not make your minimum repayment within 21 days of your payment due date.
- A bank dishonour fee of $5 may be applied if a scheduled payment was rejected/ dishonoured by the bank due to insufficient funds or incorrect bank account details.
- When paying Bills with Zip, there is a small processing fee of 1.25% for each bill paid.
- There are no annual fees on your account and no charge for keeping your account open when your outstanding balance is at $0.00.
5. Making a purchase
You can now manage and use your account at any Zip Money or Zip Pay affiliated merchant both online and in-store!
6. Set up repayments
Once you have made a purchase, you can set up your repayments to fall monthly, fortnightly or weekly at whatever amount suits you (provided this meets the monthly minimum). Please note that they only accept debit cards and payments via your bank account. They will automatically attempt to take those repayments so there is no need for you to make them.
7. Additional payments
You can also make additional payments whenever you like via card or BPay.
However, please be aware that your scheduled payment will still process even if you make an additional one-off payment, unless your account is paid off.
8. Failed payments
If your payment fails, you can either make the payment manually through your web wallet or the app. If your account is in arrears, they will attempt to reprocess the payment the next business day.
9. Closing your account
If you have paid off your account and don’t need it anymore, please Zip
Remember – you won’t be charged anything to keep your account when your balance is at $0.00